Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I hope Twitter is a Fad

I hope Twitter is the POG of this decade and that after a few years it sinks into oblivion, never to be heard from again. I really don't get it. You couldn't pay me to go on to Twitter and write that im tying my shoe or read about someone else tying theirs. But a lot of people are talking about it.

The reason I hope it fades away is that it would really ruin my faith in humanity to find out that we've stooped as low as making this kind of thing an integral part of our daily lives. Reading about some guy who is buying eggs, or some gal who is getting a new key made. Really?

I hope it's a fad.

Update 1/1/2016: So twitter was not a fad (at least in the medium term). Turns out it ended up being decent for things like real time news etc. However (like basically all good things on the internet that get popular) it became polluted by advertising, publicists, vapid celebrities etc. and I'm not a fan.

No comments: