Thursday, April 9, 2009

How to Become As Rich As Bill Gates

I came across this pretty instructional post written by Philip Greenspun that offers some simple steps showing how you can become as rich as Bill Gates. It's funny I had this vision in my head that Gates was more of a self-made man but as it turns out, he came from pretty fortunate circumstances. Interesting stuff.

I haven't been posting all that much lately, but there has been much to absorb in the markets. There has been no shortage of negative headlines. We can't go a day without a new company being bailed out or a headline about a financial catastrophe of epic proportions.

I think people are starting to get numb to it all.

1 comment:

MoneyMan said...

I wanted to make an additional point on this post. I recently read Malcom Gladwell's book "Outliers." In this book he says that Gates' success was also due in large part to his circumstances. He happened to be born in the right year, have access to a computer that very few people in the world had access to, and had the time to use it.

I might do a followup post on "Outliers" if I get a chance someday but my opinion is that the book is worth reading, though I don't buy the premise 100%. I think individuals are more responsible for their own success than Gladwell gives them credit for.