Sunday, February 1, 2009

CEO Compensation

So we all know that CEOs are paid ridiculous amounts of money. I've often thought that if I spent a week or 2 as CEO of a major corporation, I'd be set for life. I would be able to pay cash for a pretty nice house and then only work to pay my basic bills every year. Not only would one paycheck be more than I make in a few years, but I'd also get the nice golden parachute to boot.

Our new president is very public about his disdain for CEO salaries, and as I read in today's Wall St. Journal, Sen. Claire McCaskill (D., Mo.) has now introduced a bill to limit CEO salary to no more than what the president earns: $400k a year. The next sentence was a classic and I applaud the authors of the story for putting it in there: "In 2007, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. Chief Executive Lloyd Blankfein earned that much in about two days."

Two days!

I gotta get me one of them jobs.

No comments: