Thursday, December 13, 2007

How Much Do Your Neighbors Make?

If you're like me, you're curious about what people make. Madame X over at "My Open Wallet" has a fantastic post where she asked her readers for details on their ages and incomes. A bunch of them responded and it makes for some fascinating reading. You can read the salary responses here.

I had a few thoughts as I read through the replies:

1) Her readers have pretty high incomes. There were a good percentage of respondents who made 100K and up.
2) She must have a TON of readers. The volume of responses was pretty huge.
3) Many people who higher salaries are unhappy with all of the time they spend at work. In otherwise, they get bummed out about it from time to time. So do I.

Edit: also check out networthiq.com for a glimpse into the networths of your neighbors. Allthough some are clearly fictitious, it's worth a look.

No comments: