Monday, November 19, 2007

A Good Site For Valuation Related Matters

Ok, so he doesn't format his excel spreadsheets very nicely, but hey I don't hold that against him. The guy wrote some of the most respected textbooks in the field of valuation/corporate finance. I'm talking about NYU professor Aswath Damodaran, and I'd like to suggest you take a look at his website sometime.

I don't know when he put this mission statement up, but I think it's fantastic:

"I am lucky enough to be in a field where a little knowledge and some experience goes a long way, and achieving guru status seems relatively simple. What I do know is neither profound nor earth shattering, but I would like to share it on this site. In that pursuit, I have attempted to keep almost the entire site open and accessible, with the only shut-off portions representing powerpoint slides used by instructors (who use my books). Everything that I learn, do or write in the field of finance will be on this site sooner or later. I hope that you find the content useful and that you will share it with others. Good luck! "

If that doesn't sum up what the Internet is all about (free sharing of information), I don't know what does.

No comments: