Tuesday, February 20, 2007

401(k) Rollover Update

I finally got a check for the funds in my old 401(k) last week, and it took me a few days to get around to sending it in to my current 401(k) plan sponsor. I had the day off yesterday (President's Day) and took about a half hour to go through the paperwork one last time and tell them how I want the money split up (I used the same percentages as I make in my current 401(k). I mailed the forms and the check to my new sponsor today. Now all I have to do is wait a couple of weeks and hope I didn't fill anything out wrong.

For those of you who have been asking... the amount was about $15,000. I put this money away in 1999-2001. About $2,000 of it was the result of my old company's matching program, so I'm glad that I took advantage of the free money back then.

No comments: