Friday, January 25, 2008

Tax Rebate Blues

Today the government announced that people will be getting tax rebates. Unfortunately (fortunately?) my wife and I make too much to get one. It's kind of funny because we don't make that much more than the limit and we live in one of the most expensive cities in the world (NYC). A couple making a combined $190k in Peoria, IL is probably a LOT "wealthier" than a couple making that much in New York City. I think there should be some kind of a cost of living adjustment depending on where you live for rebates like this, as well as for things like the limits on Roth IRAs.

I know you're all getting out your "world's tiniest violins" and saying "cry me a river." I hear ya. I realize we're lucky to make as much as we do. Although, I worked 15 hours today so I wouldn't say its all luck. Would you?

No comments: